Legal support

There are a range of solicitors and other groups that have told the ManKind Initiative that they will support male victims of domestic abuse and domestic violence with support on all legal issues including family access, injunctions and non-molestation orders.

Laker Legal Solicitors have provided an infographic which gives an explanation of the law: how it protects you and and what is available.

If you cannot find what you need please check – link to other organisations or contact

(The ManKind Initiative is not responsible for quality of support these organisations give you).


A list of solicitors is available here: Solicitors List

Parental Support

Legal Aid for victims (Ministry of Justice)

International Child Abduction

If you would like information on child abduction issues please contact Reunite:

Immigration Issues

If you have immigration issues concerning domestic violence, visit the UK Border Agency on

Family Court issues

Families Need Fathers –

Injunctions and Non-molestation orders

Whilst it is recommended that individuals seek proper legal advice for such matters from a solicitor or accredited legal advice provider, for those ineligible for public funds it may be possible to apply for an injunction, personally through the courts.

The government has a page setting out the detail and the applications process with forms.

Domestic Violence Assist provide a service.

A solicitor also has produced a short Summary of non molestation orders for the charity to publish on it’s website.

Alternatively forms can be collected from any County Court office or downloaded from the court website via the link below. Select Family from the ‘Available Types’ drop down menu. Bottom of right hand column.