Developed by the Mankind Initiative, this CPD accredited e-learning online training course (two hours) is aimed at those want to better understand, recognise and support male victims of domestic abuse.This course explores:
- what domestic abuse against men looks like
- how prevalent male domestic abuse is
- what the ‘inclusive approach’ is
- how you can improve your response to male victims of domestic abuse.
Upon completion, you will automatically receive a PDF certificate with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
This course is on the charity’s two decades of supporting male victims directly, the experience of the charity’s qualified professionals and our team of academic experts as well.
It is delivered in partnership with online learning specialists ME Learning,
Course details can be found below or on the ME Learning website.
Who is it aimed at?
It aims to help those with a basic understanding of domestic abuse to then build a more nuanced and gender-informed understanding of the additional barriers and experiences that men face. Understanding is only part of the equation, so the course also focuses on the type of action and support that male victims need to help them escape and rebuild their lives.
This course is ideal for working in community safety, public health, social services, domestic abuse, the legal system (police, solicitors, CPS, probation), adult/children safeguarding, public health, housing associations, health service (including GPs and CCGs), victim support, anti-social behaviour, men’s health and welfare, equality and diversity, voluntary/third sector, students, academics and researchers.
Those commissioning domestic abuse or similar services are very welcome to take part too.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have knowledge of:
- Introduction – Explore an introduction to male domestic abuse and discover some interesting statistics.
- Domestic and partner abuse against men – Learn about the different types of abuse men face.
- Domestic abuse real experiences – Discover real experiences from men who’ve suffered domestic abuse
- The signs – What signs should you be aware of that may indicate domestic abuse
- Support services response – Your response to male domestic abuse.
- Male victim-friendly policy, services, and communications – Changing the message: male victim-friendly policies, services, and communications.
- Domestic and partner abuse against men
- Domestic abuse real experiences
- The signs
- Support services response
- Male victim-friendly policy, services, and communications
- victim-friendly policies, services, and communications.
|“Excellent layout, really engaging”.|
|“I enjoyed the course and have gained valuable knowledge”|
Access this Course
The training, which is hosted by Me Learning, can be accessed online via any computer or tablet with an internet connection.
Booking and access for this course can be accessed through the ME Learning Portal
The costs are £30.00 Exc VAT and includes 12 months access and unlimited replays.
Volume discounts are also available.
This course is CPD accredited (two hours)
ManKind Initiative Domestic Abuse Support Service (MIDASS)
This training has been developed by the ManKind Initiative as part of its specialist Domestic Abuse Support Service (MIDASS)